The Paw Print

The Student News Site of William Henry Harrison High School

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

They Walk The Halls: Jack Ward Pictures

Rylee Diss
Photo credit to Rylee Diss on Instagram

Here at Harrison we take pride in the individuals who walk our halls. Every student has their own niche and talent, and while some students find their ‘’thing’’ before others, everyone has their own special interests. We recognize you and see the achievements outside of just academics as students aim towards the school’s goal of “academic and social growth for all students all day.”

All of us walk past at least one or more kids who have already taken the extra steps to achieve more than just academic success in the classroom. One particular person who shows great promise with work outside of the classroom is senior Jack Ward, who has turned his interest in taking pictures into a successful and thriving photography business.

Anyone can dream, but not everyone can make a vision a reality. Photography not only takes dedication, but the artistic ability to think outside of the box. During Ward’s junior season a photographer was present during a golf match. The final product of the pictures taken sparked inspiration in the junior. ‘’I wanted to create just like him.’’ Ward found inspiration and help along the way, looking up to Taylor Keeton and Matt Grimes who encouraged Jack through it all.

One of Ward’s most creative ideas was changing a photo to black and white and bringing out the pink in the ribbon during a volleyball tournament in awareness for breast cancer. Ward’s tasks that he may consider “easy” are not so simple for others as myself. JPW Media makes photos look effortless while in reality it takes the most time and effort to do what he does.

Jack Ward’s favorite photo he’s taken (Jack Ward)

Everyone has challenges, even the best of the best. So what’s Ward’s take? Ward finds baseball and softball one of the harder places to shoot due to the fences surrounding the field. Despite these challenges, Jack Ward is set apart from the rest as he is phenomenal in his creativity and quick turnaround with work. “I am most proud of my photos and videos from football season,” Ward says. Some of Ward’s favorite shoots consist of a sunset during football and soccer games.

Next time you need a photographer for the special moments that last a lifetime, JPW has you covered. Looking at amazing students like Jack Ward going above and beyond outside of the classroom can help us to think: Where will you leave your print?

Donate to The Paw Print

Your donation will support the student journalists of William Henry Harrison High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.