The Paw Print

The Student News Site of William Henry Harrison High School

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

Does Bowling Strike Your Interest?

2023-2024+Harrisons+Bowling+Seniors+
Jack Ward
2023-2024 Harrison’s Bowling Seniors

What would it be like if you joined the High School bowling team? At Harrison high school, we have two bowling teams, boys and girls. Last year our boys bowling team had a record of 5-12, and the girls had an amazing season with a 13-4 record. Alexis Greene states how it wasn’t all about how they did and more about the fun they had. “It was a fun and good season,” she said. The season even ended with one of our bowlers, Anna Francisco, getting to bowl in the state tournament. Who knows–you could be next! 

During practice they play between one to three games and do drills to build their skill and strength for upcoming games. These players are dedicated to their sport and even if it might not appear to be challenging, there is a lot of precision and skill that goes into being a bowler. So far this season is going much better than last for the boys with a 7-4 record. The girls’ season is progressing with a 5-4 record. We are all wishing them luck with their upcoming games and hoping for another great season for our bowling team. 

There are two types of tournaments: weekday and weekend. A tournament is shorter, with the same amount of matches but a quicker pace overall. Each match consists of two games bowled individually and four where the team bowls together to bowl one full ten frame game.  A typical weekend tournament day consists of each bowler playing six games (two individually and four as a team) in order to qualify in the morning, with the top five advancing to the afternoon stepladder finals, which consists of one game with the winner moving on each time. In each game there are ten frames and within those frames each player gets two chances to knock down as many pins as they can with their ball. A few rules for this sport are the max score you can receive is 300, you have to wear the proper bowling shoes, and you must release the ball behind the foul line.

Consider joining Harrison’s bowling team for a chance to expand your skills and join a community full of welcoming faces. Who knows, maybe you are the key to making our ever expanding team even better. Help our school reach its goal of 100% extracurricular participation by joining the bowling team!

Donate to The Paw Print

Your donation will support the student journalists of William Henry Harrison High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.