The Paw Print

The Student News Site of William Henry Harrison High School

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

Girls Basketball Dunks the Competition: Winning SWOC & Tackling New Feats

Headlines Photography

A basketball swishes through the air, the crowd goes silent, swoosh! Just like that, Harrison girls basketball has won yet another game. Girls basketball has had an extremely successful winter season with championships and achievements galore. Harrison’s girls basketball team have so far played a great season of 16-4, or 5-1 in SWOC. The team averages 50.3 points per game and has some great stats such as (52.5), FG % (46.8), 3-Point % (30.1), FT % (58.5), assists (75), rebounds (177) and blocked shots (27).

This year marks the first time Harrison has ever won the Southwest Ohio Conference Girls Basketball Championship. The team still has two more season games to get under their belts before moving on to OHSAA Division 1 tournaments.

But the achievements of the team don’t stop at winning SWOC. Junior Alli Robertson toppled the charts and reached 1000 career points on December 4th, 2023, and went even further to achieve the highest number of all-time career points in Harrison High School history, for both girls and boys basketball, beating the previous record set by 2022 graduate Krissy Kowalski.

Even through challenges, the team never failed to work together and have a great time on and off the court, “The most challenging aspect of being on the team this year was juggling school and basketball along with my club soccer,” sophomore Hailey Turner explained, “I figured it out and was able to maintain great grades! I also had to remember lots of new plays to run in the games, and that was sometimes difficult.”

Girls basketball has continued to make impressive feats throughout this year, and there are sure to be many more to come for the rest of this season, as well as years to come. Between the amazing final season for the seniors, as well as the building careers of the underclassmen, this year has been a win for Harrison Girls basketball as they went as far as to move onto the second round of the OHSAA tournament.

Donate to The Paw Print

Your donation will support the student journalists of William Henry Harrison High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.