The Paw Print

The Student News Site of William Henry Harrison High School

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

Welcome to the Jungle

Alice Dixon

Who Dey? Who Dey? Who Dey gonna beat ‘dem Bengals? For years, the answer seemed to be “everyone.” True fans stayed faithful, though, and we have had a great run for the last few years as we have enjoyed a real resurgence of team excellence and fan enthusiasm. 

“Welcome to the Jungle” is the energy the community wants to see in the fans, the players, and the stands. At a Bengals game you are in a jungle with high spirits and a sense of bonding with your fellow fans. You feel like a queen or king. The team is trying to build an excellent team matched by powerful fans: this is called “the Bengals’ vision.

According to the Bengal’s Website, the Bengals are dedicated to being a champion football squad with an arts and traditions of elevated qualities and competitive spirit. They aim to win the Super Bowl and build an enduring legacy in Cincinnati. The club is setting assertive aspirations in personnel, attendance, player awards, and they are enhancing team-driven content and implementing main plans for the 2021 season. 

I love the progress they have made. In my 7th grade year, the Bengals went to the Superbowl for the 3rd time ever in team history. You would never believe what we got just because the Bengals went to the Super Bowl. We got a “Who Dey Snow Day” with no school the day after the Superbowl. We also raised over $32,000 for Sam Hubbard’s charity foundation. The students (and teachers) were so excited. I thought the day would never come, but then it did, and it was awesome. 

As a Bengals fan, I have lived through the highs and lows of being a supporter of this team. Being a fan hasn’t been consistently simple with the Bengals having a history of hard times. To get through the hard times, being a fan of this team needs to mean more than just winning or losing. For me, being a Bengals fan it is about loyalty and ardor. It’s about supporting your squad even when the odds are against them. It’s about wearing your colors proudly and displaying your commitment to the players who give their all in the area of activity. 

One of the things I’m most proud of in my life is being a Bengals fan. I love it because of  the sense of community that comes with it. When I’m viewing a game at my house with friends or cheering on the squad at Paul Brown Stadium, I realize I’m a component of something larger than myself. There’s a sense of camaraderie and shared encounter that happens with being a Bengals fan, and that’s something that can’t be replicated. 

Being a Bengals fan isn’t just about wins and losses. It’s about loyalty, enthusiasm, and a sense of community that can’t be found in other places. I may be seen as arrogant for being a Bengals fan, but I wouldn’t trade my loyalty to my team for anything in the universe. Wins are great, but even with losses and injuries, I only have one thing to say: Who Dey!

Donate to The Paw Print

Your donation will support the student journalists of William Henry Harrison High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.