The Paw Print

The Student News Site of William Henry Harrison High School

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

Emotions Through the Big Things in Life

Emotions Through the Big Things in Life

Graduation. Everyone thinks something different when it comes to hearing the word graduation. The word graduation can make people think and feel a lot differently about their lives. A few never get far enough to graduate. However, the majority of students who finish high school worry about post-school plans. Some say they feel excited, some feel nervous, and others are just over the entire thing and ready to get out and go to work. But how do some of our very own Harrison High School seniors feel?

Most say they feel nervous. Senior Lauren Watjen says that “I’m nervous I might not have done as good as I expected from myself.” Lauren uses her past experiences with people who didn’t graduate as motivation so that she can better herself. Lauren wants to be better than what she grew up around, and she knows a high school diploma is the first step toward that goal. Like Lauren, others may feel nervous because they are unsure about what their path will be after high school. You’re not alone in this, and many continue to pursue education as an undecided major for the time being.

Some students are the opposite of worried–they are just bored and or over it. They just want to be done. Can we blame them? I mean they’ve been through 12-13 years of school. Senior Joey Russell says, “I was done with senior year on the first day of school this year.” Senior Paige Burnett adds, “Every other senior I talk to–we’re all just counting down the days. I’m ready to start my future beyond high school.” Right now seniors are simply burnt out and want an ending with school. Graduation is a new beginning for them as they can move on from high school and move to more important things in life. Whether or not they liked high school, they’re done with it now.

Lastly, many seniors are very happy about graduation. Senior Chyann Mullins said she is “super excited” to be graduating. Graduating is a life-changing event, changing the minds of seniors in terms of choosing to leave or stay. They can go to any college they’ve been accepted to. Once accepted to their college/university, they have a choice between commuting or living on campus, beginning a new chapter of their life. Independence is one of the many things that make it so exciting for seniors post-graduation. They have a brand new life ahead and a big thing behind them, successfully done. After high school, they have a career or college ahead of them. Life gets real as they can start pursuing their career and dreams and accomplish them. 

High school graduation is one of the most exciting parts of someone’s life up to this point. Seniors can feel very proud of themselves since they’ve accomplished something huge. Graduating isn’t an easy task for most, but they manage to get there by pushing through and working hard. Accomplishing a life milestone like this should be celebrated. Way to go, Seniors! You can make it through the next month!

Donate to The Paw Print

Your donation will support the student journalists of William Henry Harrison High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.